1.12.11

Please don't promise me forever

I want us to love each other one day at a time... and string all those days together like the precious things they are... instead of trying too hard and promesing too much. Please don't expect me to always be good and kind and loving. There are times when I will be cold and thoughtless and hard to understand. But it will be because of the weather, or the flu, or one of my moods... not because I love you less. Please remember that. Please don't think about all the things that could happen to us. Don't think about other people coming between us. Please do think about all the good things that could happen to us. Think of growing closer to each other, finding new reasons for being together... and think of loving. I will too. I am right now. Please don't ever sign a letter "as ever". Please don't be too easy on me... or expect me to be too easy on you. Please don't ever give too much of yourself or take too much of me. In our togetherness we still need our private places. Please listen to me when I'm talking to you... and please don't ever think about someone else when I kiss you. Please don't star an argument or make me look foolish in front of other people. Please remember to call me sometimes for no reason, except that you fell me thinking about you, needing your voice. Never change the way you brush my hair back from my eyes and smile when I'm trying to be very serious... It's a good feeling to think of growing older with you, but please, let's not ever grow old. Let's never give up our dreams. Please don't ever say never... and please don't promise me forever. All I ask is that you love me now. And please know that I love you more today than I ever have before.

No hay comentarios.: